Colorado Auto Hail Pros have written about this topic before (Buyer Beware) and felt it necessary to continue the educational part of this topic on this blog. Namely, we’d like to have better informed consumers and our personal goal is to eliminate customers getting duped or sold into illegitimate scams! While there are some very reputable out of town companies that do come into town should a major hail storm hit, they tend to be few and far between.
We are writing this blog with heavy hearts, as we hate to hear the horror stories from customers who have been burned by illegitimate companies, plaguing our industry and shaming our reputations as trustworthy, established and respected businesses in our community. Unfortunately we can’t deny the “PDR Scam Company” or “Dent Gypsies” who show up after a major hail storm touches down here in Colorado.
It happens every year and sadly, almost every hail storm nationwide.
Customers are “approached” by a seemingly trustworthy person in a parking lot, grocery store lot offering up Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) or Hail Repair for a too-good to be true price. They offer to fix all of your hail damage for $1,000. Sounds like a deal right? You hand over your car keys, leave the vehicle in a easy up tent with the company promising to have your vehicle done by the end of the day.
Things you should be wary of as a consumer or customer needing Paintless Dent Repair services should your car be damaged in a hail storm:
- CASH ONLY payments accepted by the vendor
- No business cards, professional apparel
- They apply a weird white or blue wax
- They have a tent set up and no physical location and/or address
Questions you should be asking to a Paintless Dent Repair company:
- Do you have a physical location here in Colorado? BEWARE OF AN EASY UP OR TENT!
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you licensed and insured? If so, they should be able to provide you copies.
- Do you have a website? Do they have a presence on social media (Facebook, Instagram)?
- Can they provide references or at least point you to a body of work to review (online, in person)?
- CALL THE PHONE NUMBER THEY LIST FOR THE BUSINESS (does it ring, does it go to a voicemail, does anyone answer or return your phone call?)
- What forms of payment do you accept? CASH ONLY should be a red flag!!!!!
As hail season approached, Colorado Auto Hail Pros is here to answer any questions you may have about Paintless Dent Repair, Auto Hail Repair, or even if you want to ask about a company you think may be a PDR scam!